Hottest midsize BMWs get all-wheel drive, including a new convertible. They will be here later this year.
- Prices and specifications of the 2022 BMW M3 and M4
- All-wheel drive variants join the domestic range
- 0-100 km/h cut to 3.7 seconds or less
- Starting at $160,900 before road costs
Pricing and Specifications for Four-wheel drive versions subordinate 2022 BMW M3 And M 4 Confirmed, ahead of its domestic arrival in the last quarter of 2021 (October-December).
Joining the rear-wheel drive versions of the new BMW M3 Sedan and M4 Coupe introduced earlier this year, buyers can now choose from three new all-wheel drive variants: the M3 Competition Sedan with xDrive and the M4 Competition Coupe with xDrive and M4 Convertible competition with xDrive – the latter is the only variant of the M4 Convertible available globally.
Under the hood of all three models is a 3.0L V6 Petrol Enginesend 375 kW And 650 Nm For all four wheels through Eight-speed automatic transmission.
It’s not a normal all-wheel drive either, because it’s a mini version of M xDrive Fitted to the larger M5, it offers three modes – 4WD, 4WD Sport and 2WD – which differ in whether the front axle is turned on and how much torque should be sent to it.
BMW is claiming 3.5-second 0-100 km/h sprint times for the M3 sedan and M4 Coupe, increasing to 3.7 seconds for the M4 Convertible. Top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h on all models, although the optional M Driver’s Package can go as high as 290 km/h in the sedan and coupe, or 280 km/h in the rooftop.
Compared to their rear-wheel-drive counterparts, sedans and coupes score a new front axle with double-joint spring strut, revised suspension geometry, recalibrated steering and an improved oil system.
Meanwhile, the convertible distinguishes itself from its hardtop sibling M4 despite its soft-top – allegedly 40 percent lighter than the outgoing retractable hardtop – which can raise or lower at speeds up to 50 km/h hour.
Standard equipment is shared across all body styles—the full breakdown is listed at the bottom of this story—aside from fitting a carbon-fiber roof on the M3 sedan and M4 coupe, and an ‘air collar’ neck warmer inside the M4 convertible.
Optional packages on the sedan and coupe include carbon ceramic brakes ($16,500), an M Carbon exterior styling package ($9,500) and lightweight M Carbon bucket seats (save 9.6 kg, for an additional $7,500) — with buyers able to combine all three as part of a package M Carbon, which costs $26,000.
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 or Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires can be had for an additional $2,000, with exact compound dependent on availability. Red or black brake calipers are no-cost options.
Meanwhile, BMW Individual Dravit Grey, Tanzanite Blue and Brilliant Gray can be selected for $2,500, with a range of “frozen” matte metallics available for an additional $5,000.
M4 options packages exposed are yet to be confirmed.
The BMW M3 and M4 Competition xDrive 2022 models will arrive in Australian showrooms in the last quarter of 2021.
Australian prices for 2022 BMW M3 and M4 cars
- Manual M3 Sedan – $144,900
- Manual M4 Coupe – $149,900
- M3 Competition Sedan Auto – $154,900
- M4 Competition Coupe Car – $159,900
- M3 Competition Sedan with xDrive auto – $160,900 (new)
- M4 Competition Coupe with xDrive auto – $165,900 (new)
- M4 Competition Convertible with xDrive auto – $176,900 (new)
Note: All prices do not include costs on the road
Standard Features for the 2022 BMW M3 Sedan and M4 Coupe (Manual):
- 353 kW / 550 Nm 3.0 liter twin-turbo inline-six, rear wheels
- Six-speed manual transmission
- 19″ front and 20″ rear alloy wheels
- carbon fiber roof
- M Composite brakes with blue calipers
- M Drive Professional
- Active differential (rear)
- 12.3 inch digital instrument cluster
- 10.25 inch infotainment touch screen with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Digital Radio
- tire pressure indicator
- tire repair kit
- Adaptive M suspension
- keyless entry
- alarm system
- electric tailgate
- Automatic high beam laser headlights
- BMW Individual Lights Shadow Line
- Through the download system
- Storage Compartment Package
- M sports power seats with driver memory
- Front seat lumbar support and heating
- M seat belts.
- Merino “stretch” leather upholstery
- Carbon fiber interior trim elements
- Ambient cabin lighting
- automatic air conditioning
- Head-up display
- Parking Assistant Plus
- Driving assistant
- Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
- Wireless charging for smartphones
- metallic paint
- Indoor and outdoor mirror package
Addition of the 2022 BMW M3 Competition and M4 Competition (more than the base models):
- Eight-speed automatic transmission
- 375 kW / 650 Nm motor
- BMW digital key functions
- Adaptive cruise control with traffic jam function (Driving Assistant Professional)
- Carbon fiber transmission on the steering wheel
- Full merino leather upholstery
Addition of the 2022 BMW M3 and M4 Competition xDrive (above the competition):
- mx drive
- Air collar (convertible only)
#BMW #Price #Specs #Allpaw #Competition #xDrive #Sedan #Coupe #Convertible #Added